There is something about soft, piping hot French Toast for breakfast that makes me want to belt out a happy song! It is an extremely versatile dish that coddles both sweet and savory sides. This dish is extremely special to me as it was created, styled and photographed exclusively for LISO CHOCOLATIER. Liso is Kerala’s first luxury chocolate manufacturer with an array of neapolitans, truffles, panbons, spreads and bars. I had the wonderful opportunity to take over Liso’s instagram for a day. The session was wrapped up with a follow me recipe for a decadent CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT FRENCH TOAST WITH ORANGE MARMALADE. The star of this recipe is the Liso Chocolate Hazelnut Spread; i’ve also used their Dark Chocolate and Orange Pan Bons to add an additional citrus boost to the dish.
Fresh Brioche-4 thick and evenly cut slices
Cold Milk- 1 large cup
Granulated sugar- 1 cup (or as per your sweet tooth)
Vanilla Essence- A couple of drops
Melted Butter- 2 table spoons
Orange marmalade- 4 table spoons
Liso Chocolate hazelntut spread- 4 table spoons
Caramel sauce (I used Hershey’s Caramel sauce)
Liso Dark Chocolate and Orange Pan Bons
- In a large bowl, crack in the eggs, add the cup of milk, granulated sugar and Vanilla Essence
- Whisk well until the sugar has melted and you get an even mixture
- Dip each slice of brioche thoroughly until the slice is completely coated and the bread has soaked up the mixture well.
- Place a non stick pan on medium to low heat and place the four slices of soaked brioche on it.
- Add melted butter (I prefer salted as it gives the caramelized bits a lovely salty crunch) lavishly along the sides of the bread
- Wait patiently while the butter starts to sizzle and caramelize the bread.
- After a 2-3 minutes, gently flip the slices over using a wooden spatula.
- Give side two 2-3 minutes as well
- Take off the heat and rest on a plate
- Spread marmalade on one slice, followed by Liso Chocolate Hazelnut spread on the second slice. Repeat for the remaining two slices
- Pile high and dust with powdered sugar, drizzle caramel sauce and add a few Liso Dark Chocolate and Orange Pan Bons
- Cut into this rich and luscious breakfast dish while still warm and enjoy with a cup of espresso on the side