COFFEE BISCUIT PUDDING is a poorer cousin of the Tiramisu which takes half the effort to make with no compromise whatsoever on taste. A non bake dessert so rich and delightful, you’ll look forward to every get together to show off this yum treat!
Custard powder- 3 tbsp
Condensed milk- 1 tin
Milk- 2 packets
Marie Biscuits- 1 small pack
Sugar- 8-10 tsp
Cashews- chopped 50 gms
Coffee powder- 2 tsp
Water- Half Cup
Cherries- To garnish
To prepare the CUSTARD:
– In a large saucepan, add one and a half packets of milk, one tin of condensed milk and bring to a slow boil.
– Add the custard powder into the remaining half litre of milk, mix till fully dissolved.
– Pour the custard mix very slowly into the boiling condensed milk mixture.
– Stir till the mixture thickens. And switch off the stove.
– Roughly chop some cashewnuts and mix into the custard.
To prepare the COFFEE MIX:
– In a pan add water and sugar. Boil and keep stirring until it takes syrup form.
– Into the sugar syrup, add the coffee and stir to combine.
To prepare the LAYERS:
– In a deep tray, spread a thick layer of custard
– Dip Marie biscuits into the coffee mix (do not soak) and arrange on top of the custard
– Follow with another thick layer of custard, then a layer of coffee dipped biscuits
– Repeat until the topmost layer is custard
– Stud the top layer of custard with cherries to garnish
– Refrigerate overnight to attain perfect layers.
– This dish is best served with a dollop of cream or fresh fruits to cut through all the richness. Enjoy!