And if you thought making pasta was simple, let me make your day and make cooking pasta even more simpler and yummier. Introducing STORE BOUGHT PASTA SAUCE! I know you must be tsk tsking but don’t knock it till you try it. You just need to add a couple of teeny ingredients to make this ready to use sauce AWESOME SAUCE!!!
– DEL MONTE pasta sauce: 500 ml (you can add more or less depending on how saucy you like your pasta)
– Spicy sausages (chicken/cocktail) (boiled and cut)- 4 large or 6 medium
– Olive Oil (used for Indian cooking)- 2tbsp
– Onion (chopped)- 2 large
– Garlic (crushed)- 2 large cloves
– Spaghetti- 500 gms
– Peppers (red, yellow and green) ( sliced lengthwise)- 250 gms
Chicken stock: 1 cup
Crushed chilli flakes- 1/4 tsp
Salt- as per taste
Pepper- as per taste
– In a pan, add the Olive oil and stir fry the garlic making sure they don’t burn.
– Add the onions and the sausage and saute till the onions caramelize slightly and the sausages brown a bit.
(Tip: do not fry the sausages separately. Boiling and then sautéeing helps retain its juiciness)
– Add the peppers and saute,not for too long as the peppers need to retain their crunch.
– Add the tomato sauce, mix well to combine. Add in the chicken stock (this is the secret ingredient that makes the sauce absolutely lip smacking!)
– Cook the pasta as per instructions on the packet.
– Cover and cook the sauce for 2 minutes, then taste and add salt as per liking, a good pinch of pepper and the crushed chilli flakes.
– Once the sauce comes to the boil, switch off the stove and take off the heat.
– Add the cooked Spagetti to the sauce. Mix well. Sprinkle some more chilli flakes atop and serve piping hot. Enjoy!