Big hugs to Jaya aunty for this fantabulous recipe!
Chicken- 6 pieces (thighs and drumsticks are the choicest pieces for this recipe)
Soy sauce – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
Tomato sauce- 1 tsp
Lime- juice of 1/2
Salt- to taste
Water- a little
For the jus:
Butter- 1 tsp
Corn flour- 1 tsp
Water- 4 tbsp
To prepare the chicken
– Score the chicken to allow the marinade to penerate into the flesh
– Marinate the chicken pieces in the marinade mix for upto one hour
– In a non stick pan, place the chicken pieces with a little water, cover and let boil over low heat. Do make sure the masala does not burn.
– Wait until the juices run out of the chicken
– Over time, the juices and water will form a thick, sticky coating over the chicken. The 1st cook is done.
– Remove the chicken from the pan (reserve the sticky bits and remaining liquid to make the jus) and place into the oven at 180 degrees for about 10-15 mins or until the chicken turns golden brown. The second cook is complete.
– Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
To prepare the jus:
– Add the butter, cornflour and water into the pan and stir until all the sticky bits come off the pan and the liquid looks even.
– On a low flame, stir until thick. Please ensure that the jus is not too runny and can be spread NOT poured on the chicken. (In case the jus doesn’t thicken as much just add in a little more cornflour mixed with warm water).
– Serve the chicken with jus spread top and get a mountain of compliments over how soft, delicious and tender your roast chicken is! Enjoy!