They are simple to make and absolutely delicious! Make sure you have a stack of sausage packets ready at home because this recipe is a keeper!
They are best served fresh and piping hot. With the rains paying a visit every now and then, help yourself to bites of delish with a nice hot cup of coffee.
Chicken cocktail sausages- 1 medium sized packet
Onion ( cut into thin slivers)- one large
Garlic (thinly sliced)- 4-5 pods
Pepper- a pinch
Butter- a good knob
Honey- 2 heaped teaspoons
Sugar- a pinch
Salt- to taste
1) Cut the sausages into bite sized pieces and boil in a pot of water until the sausage feels springy to touch.
(Tip: for cocktail sausages, leave the size be and simply score the surface so that the garlicky honey sauce seeps through)
2) In a pan, heat some oil, add the garlic slices and sauté.
(Tip: do not brown the garlic too much as the resultant taste is bitter and not palatable at all)
3) add the onions and sauté until caramelized.
4) Add the sausages and keep cooking until the onions are completely caramalized. Add salt to taste.
5) Add the pepper, knob of butter and honey and mix until well coated
6) Add the pinch of sugar to aid the sugars in the honey to caramalize and form a sticky coating over the sausages.
7) Serve hot with a cool ranch, blue cheese or mayo dip.
(Tip: this dish does not taste as good with tomato sauce due to it being sweet on its own. You could prepare a simple yoghurt or mayo dip to pair up with all the sticky goodness)