Oil- 1 tbsp
Long grained rice (cooked)- 250 gms
Onion (chopped)- 2 large
Prawns (medium) 6-8
Seafood stock – 1/2 cup
Eggs (scrambled)- 2
Cabbage (par boiled, chopped)- a handful
Capsicum (chopped)- 1/2 cup
Carrots (par boiled, chopped)- 1/2 cup
Green peas (boiled)- 1/2 cup
Celery (chopped)- 1/2 cup
Spring onions (chopped)- 1/4 cup
Garlic (diced)- 3-4 cloves
Ginger (diced)- 1 tsp
Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce- 1 tbsp
Soy sauce- 1 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Pepper- to taste
– In a wok, add oil, onions,ginger, garlic and sauté.
– Add in the prawns and lightly sauté. Remove just the prawns and keep it aside. (Tip: this helps prevent overcooking and making the prawns totally rubbery)
– Add in all the veges and sauté till the veges wilt but still have a crunch to them.
– Add in the sauces, salt and pepper
(Tip: always, always, always taste every step of the way. Adjust the sauces, salt and pepper accordingly)
– Add in the seafood stock
(Tip: this is the special ingredient I was talking about. It makes the rice so fragrant and delicious! You’re welcome!)
– Add the cooked rice, allowing the rice to soak in the saucy stock.
– Once the stock is absorbed fully, add in the egg and prawn and mix well.
– Turn of the heat and cover the wok.
– Open after a few minutes and serve hot, garnished with a few pieces of chopped spring onions and not to mention your fav chinese side dish! Enjoy!