This is a dish you can make in a jiffy with the simplest of ingredients that when together pack a delicious punch! Thanks amma for being the amazing cook that you are!
Anchovy- 1/2 kilo
Coconut (grated)- 1/2
Kudam puli- 5 pieces
Green Chilli- 5 large
Jeera (small)- 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Scallions- 4- 5
Curry leaves- Handful
Ginger- a small piece
Garlic- 2 cloves
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Dried red chillies- 3-4
Salt to taste
– Put the grated coconut, green chilli (3 nos), ginger, garlic, jeera, curry leaves (10 leaves) into a chopper and make a coursely ground.
– Into water, add the anchovies, salt, puli, 2 chillies for a little spice and boil till the fish is cooked.
– Add coarsely ground mixture to the fish and mix to combine.
– Close and cook for 2 mins
– In a small bowl, pour in a little coconut oil, add into it some of the curry leaves and rub together the leaves, gently bruising it using your fingertips.
– When steam starts rising, open the pot and add the bruised curry leaves to it. Mix well.
– Close the pot, switch off the stove and take it off the heat.
– Temper mustard seeds, the remaining curry leaves,scallions, dried red chillies in a little coconut oil.
– Pour the tempered mixture over the fish and coconut.
– Serve piping hot with fresh rice. Enjoy!